Friday, November 20, 2009

Compliments

My roommates and I were watching some silly YouTube videos tonight instead of going to bed, and it made me think about my favorite YouTube video of all time: Validation. If you have not seen this delightful 16 minutes and 24 seconds of smiles I suggest you do so now. There's just nothing quite like those few words, "You are Great." This started me thinking about some of the best compliments I've gotten. Here are just a few of my favorites:

Seth once told me my family reminded him of the Murrys in A Wrinkle in Time... he was worried I might take it as an insult. He shouldn't have been.

Jake was looking through pictures on my phone last night and found one of just my eye (I was bored one day.)
"That is one good-looking eye! ... I'm just saying."
How can you not smile at that?

By far the most unique compliment ever came from the cardiologist I saw over the summer. "You have beautiful arteries!"
"Um... thank you?" I wasn't sure how to respond to that one, but hey, I'll take compliments where I can get them!

So go brighten someone else's day. Pay them a compliment and watch it change their mood, their day, or maybe their life! Always remember, You are Great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are Great! :)

I love that movie...