Today is Thanksgiving and I thought it fitting to pause my ABC posts to share a few things that I am especially thankful for right now.
~My family loves me.
~I have amazing roommates who are there be it rain or shine.
~I get to go to BYU where I have amazing classes with some pretty phenomenal professors.
~I have enough food to eat and clean water to drink.
~My extended family lives nearby and are there for me when I need them.
~Cars and airplanes allow me to go home occasionally.
~Cell phones let me talk to my family when I can't go home.
~Good music: on my phone, on the computer, on a CD, on a movie, you name it.
~Beds, especially mine! Jean blankets, clean sheets, feather pillows... it's the best!
~Chick flicks. Don't laugh, I love them!
~Any uplifting media really: books, movies, songs. I just love that feeling from inside that spreads out to my fingertips and up to my head and makes me feel all sparkly inside!
~I'm an American Citizen.
~I have freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom to persue happiness.
~My ancestors took the time and the trouble to move somewhere where I would be able to enjoy all those freedoms.
~Family Search Indexing... the best computer addiction ever! Do your family history and have fun all at the same time!
~CrossFit, which goes back to being thankful for water!
~Ibuprophen... especially the day after CrossFit.
~The internet: seriously, how amazing is it that I can type something on my computer at my apartment and then access it anywhere in the world? That is AWESOME!
~Facebook. As obnoxiously addicting as it, it really has changed the world.
~My digital camera: perfect for taking pictures to upload onto facebook.
~Space heaters. Just ask Ariella.
~Friends: Chris, Nathan, Barrett, Daniel, Jared, Michael, Jake, Sadie, Sarah, Esther, and Kas... just to name a few. =)
~Time to have fun, like tonight when Sadie, Sarah, Elizabeth, and I put on old wedding dresses and took pictures. I just love that!
~My vet class. The best 6 hours of the week!
~Make-up... maybe I'm just a vain girl, but I love it!
~Curly hair. I love it, on me and on anyone else. It reminds me I'm an individual.
~Hugs... they're my favorite!
~I'm healthy, safe, and loved.
~I have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.
~The scriptures and the Church Magazines, which have real life examples of people who made it through bigger trials than the ones I'm facing.
~The Gift of the Holy Ghost. How wonderful to have a member of the God-Head with me at all times if I'm just worthy of His presence.
~Most of all I'm thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ who came to this earth as a tiny baby in Bethlehem, to live for us, to be an example of perfection, and then to suffer for the sins of all that we might not suffer if we would repent, and then to die for us and rise again on the third day, having unlocked the gates of death and hell. If we will follow Him, He will take our burdens and make them light, and help us succeed along the path to eternal life and becoming like Him. That is what I am most thankful for this holiday season, and all year round. May God bless you every one! =)
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













2 comments:
:)
Thank you for writing all these things. They have helped me to feel happy. =) aNd that's a pretty big deal right now! =)
Post a Comment